Sunday 1 December 2013

November Favourites

Hi Guys...

I can't believe its already December, I'm starting to get excited for christmas now! I decided that I'm going to do monthly favourites on my blog so heres the first!


So this month I've been loving some of my products that are cult favourites, so this could be boring for those of you who follow me on instagram (you can follow me here). I think all of these product are worth the money and are currently always in my makeup bag. Also I apologise for how messy all my products are in the photos! I was in a bit of a rush whilst taking them.



The first product I've been loving is my MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle. The fact that mine is so messy shows how well loved it is. I think this is my favourite highlighter , mainly because its so versatile. I wear this almost everyday to give a subtle highlight or I can wear it more boldly in the evening by simply adding more product. Another great thing about this product is how long it lasts! I have been using  this since May and I use it at least 5 times a week and it looks barely touched! I would go as far to say that this is going to last for over another year yet.


Next is my MAC Pro Pallette. Ive got a few more MAC eyeshadows but I'm too scared to depot them so I've not yet filled this but I couldn't talk about my monthly favourites without including this. Its so much more practical to carry this around with you and buying one also saves you money. The palette iself it £6.50 and when buying the eyeshadows in the pan they cost just £10. It ends up saving you £1.50, every penny counts! The shadows themselves as I'm sure you all know are just the best quality. The colour range and pigmentation is the best in my opinion out of all the high end brands. The shadows in this photo are Sable and Wedge.


Real Techniques brushes are unbeatable when it comes to quality and price. It's a big statement to make but I believe it. The two that have recently been my favourites are the Expert Face Brush and the Base Shadow Brush. The Expert Face Brush is perfect for applying and blending foundations with precision. The brush is densely packed and picks up a good amount of product to give a flawless finish. The Base Shadow Brush is my favourite for blending eyeshadows. I'm going to pick up the MAC 217 blending brush just after Christmas but I think that this brush is going to be a complete dupe. The shape is perfect for making eyeshadows blend and apply flawlessly.


The Dream Pure BB Cream by Maybelline is one of the best on the high street. It gives a super natural dewy finish with a fairly light coverage. I love this for school and work as it means you aren't caking lots of makeup on for long days. I also used this as a base for my prom makeup to work as a primer and it made my face makeup last all night. I would definitely recommend this for someone looking for a product thats going to look natural and fresh for a good price.


This is a product that has been well loved by me as I'm sure the quality of the packaging reveals. Its a brilliant concealer for covering dark under eye circles as it has light reflecting particles which give a bright eyed look. I think that Rimmel do brilliant face product and the Wake Me Up concealer is no exception. The only complaint I have about this is the colour range, for someone who is really pale or dark skinned it may be hard to make this work. If you're looking for something to give you a brilliantly 'awake' look then head to the Rimmel stand because for the price its worth a try.


Finally I have the Borjois Healthy Mix foundation. I am a huge fan of the Healthy Mix Serum foundation and when I went to repurchase it this was on offer, so I picked it up instead. I love this product! The coverage is medium but is definitely build-able. The finish is somewhere in the middle of dewy and matte, it gives a radiant, healthy complexion (hence the name). I wouldn't recommend this for dry skin though, as recently as the winter weather has blessed me with dry patches, and in order to get this to give the best look I've had to mix it with a drop of moisturiser.

Thanks for reading!

Alice x



No comments:

Post a Comment